Monday 17 October 2011

Great To Be Back!

Fishing report for October 14th, 2011
It sure is good to be back home in Islamorada. Got my boat back in the water last night. Early morning was slick calm.

Cyd Nielsen and Rick Pepper show off a pair of redfish

I could not wait to go fishing. My wife Cyd and good friend Rick Pepper and I headed back to Florida Bay to see what we could find. Baitfish were everywhere. Mullet, pilchards, ballyhoo were all in the same channel just waiting for my castnet.

nice pair of redfish

We fished an incoming tide near Sandy Key. The Redfish bite was on! In two hours of fishing we released 10 fat reds. We kept moving around after catching a couple just to explore all the spots. All but one spot was holding Reds.

Cyd's biggest red of the day

Rick Pepper with his redfish
Those darn catfish!
We had a blast using Fox Bonefish Trek rods matched with Fox Diablo spinning reels. I even got a chance to fish and released a Redfish of about 8 lbs and a couple Crevalle Jacks on my Fox 8 weight flyrod.

Hoping to find a few Tarpon tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment